CGI Artist / Data Prep (m/w)
Standort: Birmingham, UK
Start: ab sofort
Looking for someone with a passion for both CGI and modelling to prepare high quality CAD and 3D files for various components and objects, and assist Senior Artists to ensure the smooth running of projects on time and on budget.
Play a key role in the creation of high quality, high poly and low poly models (predominantly automotive), for use in various marketing materials (e.g. brochures, websites, apps, configurators etc.). Prepare CAD, texture and create materials for CGI.
- Prepare CAD and 3D files, incl. surfacing, texturing, naming & layering
- Proactively develop personal modelling and 3D skills using Maya and Deltagen tools
- Continually look to develop lighting and rendering skills using chosen render engines
- Run projects on time, to budget and within allocated time
- Understand and follow all modelling production workflows and procedures, ensuring all data assets produced meet the required specification through quality checks
- Manipulate hard surface CAD geometry by separating surfaces through use of Deltagen
- UV unwrap all tessellated surface geometry using a chosen application
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Interest in the Automotive Industry, Multimedia, Web applications, CGI films
- Minimum GCSE standard English/ Maths
- Proven Adobe Photoshop software skills at intermediate level
- Experience of 3D software package paired with a strong eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills & MS Office skills – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must possess excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience of working within an active CG production team
- Be receptive to constructive criticism and learn from it
- Realtime model build up and optimization
- Ideally Deltagen software knowledge or similar realtime software knowledge
Mackevision is one of the global leaders in computer generated imagery (CGI) which covers 3D visualization, animation and visual effects. The company designs and produces image and film material, as well as interactive applications in high-end quality. It develops technological solutions for generating images and looks after the entire CGI process from data preparation to creative design. The international team looks after major corporations, medium-sized companies and their agencies.